We are always looking for talented engineers, keen on working within a vibrant and fast changing technological environment, passionate about audio and really motivated in contributing to innovative products with our partners.
[D22-02] Senior Embedded SW Engineer
At BdSound we imagine, design and realize the most advanced technologies for real-life audio and speech applications.
Renowned for technical excellence in Audio and Speech processing solutions and the quality of its professional services, BdSound is a young and leading tech-based company with global operations, based in Milan. Our engineers are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique solutions to address the always-evolving challenges that the technology around audio and speech presents. BdSound solutions are used every day by millions of end-user all around the world, in car, at home, at work.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineer, with solid experience in design software for embedded applications, to join our Design team based in the Milanofiori Business Centre (MI) office at walking-distance from MM2 underground station.
You will be involved in technically challenging projects on some of the most advanced applications in audio and speech processing worldwide, working alongside with experts.
This role will suit you if you are passionate in embedded systems and have a particular interest in Audio Engineering. As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer you will responsible to develop software on embedded platforms for several applications as well as to to drive team members in developing it.
You will act as a guide and a reference for less experienced engineer.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop embedded systems or applications for embedded systems for audio and speech processing in the Automotive, Consumer and Video-conferencing markets
- Being a reference and a guide for less experienced engineers.
- Review project status with managers and PMs, making sure that the goals are reached
- Check and validate tasks’ results of the team
- Proactively collaborate with both hardware design and software design teams during product design and bring-up
- Cooperate to create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Having a strong background in software engineering for embedded applications with similar role for at least 5 years
- Knowledge of Python, bash, and any other scripting language
- Knowledge of classic network communication protocols (TCP / UDP)
- Advanced knowledge of C and C++
- You are familiar with continuous deployment, continuous integration and Dev-Ops
- Experience on ARM Cortex A and Cortex M architectures
- Experience in tools for embedded software engineering
- Experience with linux embedded systems
- Being able to turn requirements into specifications
- Being able to understand electronic schematics and their implications on software design
- Fluent in English
- Being passionate in technology with a special interest in Audio Engineering
Even better if
- Experience in IoT field
- Experience on HiFi DSP cores
- Experience with FPGA and programming tools
- Fluent in Japanese or Chinese
Why working with us
- You will have the opportunity to work with several companies including the giants of technology
- You will work with customers directly: no long hierarchy will hide you
- We are not a startup but we move like a startup: fast and reactive. If you love challenges this is the right place for you.
- At BdSound you will have the opportunity to face the challenge to create innovation, not only use it
- No dress code, young team, easy place. Just enjoy your job and do it at the best
More about BdSound
We are a team and you shall willing to work in team, seriously. We love to cooperate, share and improve ourself. We have no secrets here and everyone is asked to contribute to the growth of the team and the company.
We are committed to create an inclusive workplace and to guarantee a great work-life balance.
Help us to make our company the best place to work.
If you want to apply for this position, please fill the form here below, attaching a detailed CV.